DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Seven year old girl, days out?

Posted by michaelr06400-205019 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by june rose 66 - 5 years ago

On a similar theme: I've always wanted to see the wolves at St Martin de Vesubie. Would it be suitable/interesting for a 5 year old or should I wait another year?

We did the bisons last Summer. Grandson was then 4 and too young really. I found it fascinating though I would advise against going after heavy rain as the caleche kept getting stuck :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by michaelr06400-205019 - 5 years ago

Many thanks for suggestions, so far. Will certainly follow these up.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tony.s-206267 - 5 years ago

You could try Bois des Lutin near Villeneuve Loubet village. Also Pitchoun Forest is next door. Pitchoun Forest has zip lines (ttyrolien), which a 7-y.o. will love (my 5-y.o. fell in love with it this year). Bois des Lutin is more for the whole family, but its a great day out. Lots of shade so not too hot in the summer. here is the link http://www.leboisdeslutins.com/index2.html
Also, if you happen to be in Nice for any reason try Parc Phoenix across from the airport. That is good for several hours. Again, there is quite a bit of shade, so not too bad in the heat of the summer. Parc Phoenix is all but free and if you ask them to validate your parking when you buy your ticket your parking will be free, too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by teen-214765 - 5 years ago

Only an hour from Nice, but a different world!

Sorry no image available
Posted by teen-214765 - 5 years ago

Llama farm Col de Turini.....you can take them for walks! Fantastic "luge d'ete" at La Colmiane, also accrobranche in same place, ponies etc, lots going on there.

Sorry no image available
Posted by SunnySue-315619 - 5 years ago

You could also look down some of the listings on AngloInfo under Days Out: Trips & Tours:http://riviera.angloinfo.com/af/77/french-riviera-days-out-trips-and-tours.html.I would also suggest the Camargue but it's two and a half hours away (but wild horses and pink flamingoes when you get there)!

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissalabella - 5 years ago

I have 2 suggestions for your grand-daughter :
- Going to see the bisons in Thorenc and spend the day there. Link is www.haut-thorenc.com/
- Visiting the farm called "Graine et Ficelle" in St Jeannet. Link is graine-ficelle.com/fr

Grottes of St Cézaire could be fine as well, and there is also a boat to the Lerins islands to visit either St Marguerite or St Honorat, or both.

Hope you enjoy your day!
N.