DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Smashed IPhone screens

Posted by CharlotteE-909013 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by nickvyse - 1 year ago

Just had a very poor experience with wefixmac in sophia. They repaired my ipHone 5s screen for 89€ on 2nd March 2017 - when I picked it up one edge of the new screen wasn't seated properly. I pointed this out and he wasn't interested, stating it's because my battery had a bulge. 

I knew this wasn't true as it was on the wrong side for the battery, and as he's lying a little more to my face I'm fiddling with the phone and manage to pop the screen in place. 

I told him I'd fixed the bulging battery problem, but he really couldn't care less that he'd been caught in a lie.

The rest of the screen didn't look too well seated either and within a few days the screen had cracked in my pocket. Took it back today, well within the 2 month "guarantee". 

I explained the problem and once again he couldn't care less. Not his problem. Perhaps they use cheap inferior screens - he admitted they weren't "apple" just exact copies. Wouldn't offer me anything except another crappy replacement for 89€, so I said I'd get it done elsewhere. "Pas de soucis". Nice. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by CharlotteE-909013 - 5 years ago

They were great - fixed in an hour!

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by cotedazurarts - 5 years ago

Yes, I would agree.  Bricomac is very good I've found.

Sorry no image available
Posted by BLUEFIN-193689 - 5 years ago

try Bricomac in Nice - they have a website (bricomac.com) which is French and English