DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Somewhere to unlock iphone

Posted by SGH-209817 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by plusate - 4 years ago

You can do this yourself....  it is legal... Get the phone connected to wifi, that still works even if it says no sim card.... go to www.jailbreakme.com on the phones browser, jailbreak it (its done over wifi). Once this is done you can install an app called Cydia, this is like an unofficial itunes... lots of programs on there.... plently of unlockers on there but just make sure you know the IOS version of the phone before doing it... I have done mine a few times and never had any problems (touch wood)

Sorry no image available
Posted by madjen - 4 years ago

There is a small shop behind Nice Etoile.  You exit the north west door of the mall. It is in the north side. I have been told that you can google unlock code for iPhone 4 or oldepay about about $30 to get a code - although I have not done this myself. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by mctd-192324 - 4 years ago

Is your SIM card compatible (see Apple Store site)?

Do you know by which service provider it is locked (did the person who gave it to you, in Beaulieu?, say where he or she had an ongoing contract?)?   SFR once unlocked a phone for me; I opened a contract with them then.

It is possible to do this independently of a service provider and I've heard this activity in Paris. It's the only way to "recycle" stolen phones.