Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Speaker network in my house

Posted by gollum-193507 - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 16 years ago

Try searching on "cordless speakers" or "enceintes sans fil" for french retailers.Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by gollum-193507 - 16 years ago

Thank you for your advice. Do you know where I can get these things from, and do they have a common name that I can google them with?wiggly waw fish

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 16 years ago

It's very simple (in principle) to do what you request.  Most devices exist for a PAIR of speakers, although the technology will work for multiple pairs as well - just a shame you will pay the price for multiple transmitters when you need only a single one.

Regarding the source of the music (PC or HiFi) - this doesn't matter - you wire both of them into the central amplifier and then you connect the wireless transmitter to the amplifier so that the speaker pair/pairs is/are fed as far as you desire in your home.  A nice thing about using your PC is that you can have it announce all over the house "you have new e-mail".     I used to do this until I was denounced as a geek and promptly decommissioned all this invasive RF technology.

Common products are from Sony, Datawave, Advent etc.  Prices for a pair (inclusive of transmitter) are from €50 to several hundred euros depending on quality.