Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Starting cake business

Posted by WillMan-233283 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 4 years ago

Yes, you will need at least food hygiene certificates for yourself and your premises will have to conform, which is why I was concerned about setup costs and overheads.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lindsay27 - 4 years ago

I think appletrees is right about the strict hygiene rules (your kitchen has to conform to restaurant standards, etc) but I think you may also need a CAP diploma in Patisserie to be able to sell baked goods. As far as I can gather, you would need to speak to the Chambres de Metiers et de l'Artisanat to get all the information on what's required. Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by appletrees-321263 - 4 years ago

I think there are strict regulations about hygene etc. where food businesses are concerned but do not know details. You can't just produce food and sell it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 4 years ago

It depends on your overheads and profit margin.

Auto entrepreneur is a nice simple regime for a sole trader and it is the only regime where you don't need an accountant, but you pay your cotisations as a percentage of your total turnover, not profit, i.e. you cannot deduct expenses, so it only makes sense if your overheads are average or lower than average. If you are going to have to invest in training, premises, equipment etc, you could not offset the expenditure.

If you're registered at the Pole Emploi why not go and get proper business advice, it would vastly improve your chances of making a success of it.