DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sticky situation

Posted by yjme-181229 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

If anybody out there has ANYTHING to do with Mr. Nu...la, the famous chocolate spread, please could you ask him, very kindly, to manufacture it in TUBES!

Salad cream, tomato paste, honey even in a squeezy thingy can be managed, so surely...........!!

Sorry for this trivial thread, just had it this morning with three boys and spread everywhere. And I know I can't possibly be the only mother with this sticky situation!

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 14 years ago

Well seeing as it's not a negotiable issue and as I'm using sooo many buiding products in plastic tubes for use with mastic guns, I'll happy fill and return your Nutella in these fun dispensers just for the joy of thinking what these 'children' will get up to. Email me for the address to send the Nu. No responsibility taken for remnants of Silicone, mastic, grout etc.

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by yjme-181229 - 14 years ago

MikeP - thanks for that. Actually, now they are getting a little bigger they might well go for the creme de marron, I'll give it a try.  It's pretty nice in yoghurt as a sweetener, or in fromage blanc etc. Meric monsieur.

As for showing up as an explosive, I think the customs lady was rather hoping you'd hand over the jar!! Amazing story though.

The Geezer - 

Famous chocolate spread:

Smooth, sticky, delicious, forbidden, tempting..

Just like elements of life itself really! And to be taken VERY seriously indeed! :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 14 years ago

If you want to add extra calories try Pain au lait with nu..... and mascapone cheese...HEAVEN.

It was much better with the two tone m....  w.. spread, but I cannot find it anymore.

Why not try the long spoons for getting it out, the ones for knicker blocker glories

Jan

Anything for a peaceful life

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Here's a possible solution ..... if your children enjoy Creme de Marrons - the Clement Faugier variety.  It is available in tubes and is just as enjoyable as Nutella.

And here's an interesting story about Nutella.  A few weeks ago my hand luggage went through an airport x-ray machine and when it came out the other side the lady asked me if she could inspect.  I said yes,  and expressed surprise that there might be anything in it that would have shown up as dodgy.  So she went through it and pulled out a glass jar of Nutella which I was taking over for friends.   She explained that it is very dense and shows up on the screen in exactly the same way as a plastic explosive!

Sorry no image available
Posted by the_geezer - 14 years ago

Ah! If only life's worries were no more serious than the dispensibility of chocolate spread.

The Geezer

Sorry no image available

Tumblers - more expensive and last precisely two days and as mentioned I have a cupboard full of them! Um, stgeorge, when you next go to Spain could you.......

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

The new gizmo for spreading Nu...... called the Tarti'Nutella seems to be unobtainable , and I'm almost certain I've seen the spread in plastic jars - maybe Spain ?

The whole idea of the small pot is use as tumblers afterwards ?

stgeorge

Sorry no image available

Totally agree - little one was so upset when he dropped the big glass jar (completely new and unopened)and before anyone shouts me down about letting four year olds and glass go together - they have to learn somehow! Nobody was hurt, but he couldn't understand why I wouldn't let him spoon it off the floor!

Think we should start a petition to Mr Ferrero?

Don't remember the dark spread geezer, but I was never one for plain chocolate......all I got was jam on my bread and a tin of condensced milk in my stocking at Christmas, to make me really feel sick.......but God we kids loved it!

And has anybody, seriously, found a cheaper version of N? I have dutifully tried several other versions in order to save pennies, but nothing, and I mean, nothing can come up to scratch! Rik et Rok got closest......(Auchan).

And as for the stripey versions....anyone tried that? Sorry, anyone's children tried that? Very chemical tasting. Which is why N wins hands down I think.....

Sorry no image available
Posted by AlenaLindsay-184315 - 14 years ago

Funny you've all brought this up. Just last week, the day after we had bought the mammoth Nut' on sale at Carrefour, I gave in to the munchies and found the Nutell wasn't quite sticky enough on one's fingers as I dropped the 1 kilo glass jar on the kitchen floor where it shattered. Things which are eaten mainly by children, stoners, and half-asleep midnight munchers should never be marketed in glass containers, wouldnt you think? The tube idea, though, that's definately a winner.

Sorry no image available
Posted by the_geezer - 14 years ago

Does anyone recall that back in the 70s there was a rival brand to Nutella?

It was made by Cote d'Or (sorry no accents on this keyboard) and was a thick rich dark chocolatey paste. Beat Nutella hands down. My kid brother and I used to just spoon the chocolate spread straight from the jar and let it dissolve slowly in our mouths.

Then it just disappeared.

By the way such chocolate abuse did not lead to obesity as any of my friends will confirm I still boast a girlish figure.

The Geezer