DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

strikes on the 13th

Posted by Toasty-184393 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

I heard on the radio that the trade unions are planning a strike for the 13th due to pensions or something.  Has anybody heard if this includes air traffic controllers again?   Grrrrr!    

Toasty

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 15 years ago

quote:Just a note to Legend  -  I hope you are not too hurt and upset by my sharp response

Nah - I'm cool with your razor tongue.  I set myself up for it.  Like I said - I've been waiting all my life to make that point and I was cognisant that it was of ZERO help to you in your moment of need.  I feel I've put enough meaningful responses in AI to permit myself the odd "delire de temps en temps".

Sorry no image available
Posted by Toasty-184393 - 15 years ago

Exactly.... I'm now going on the 14th.    

Just a note to Legend  -  I hope you are not too hurt and upset by my sharp response to your valid contribution.   Its just that, to have a posting highjacked like that..............about flying too!   

Toasty

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 15 years ago

Update at 2100/09 May

I don't know where you planned to travel, but on 13th. May BA have cancelled both their Nice-Gatiwck services and the early morning Nice-Heathrow is closed for sale so it looks as if they expect to cancel it.

Most of the NCE_PAR services are still scheduled to run, as are Frankfurt and Zurich services. A few PAR-LON flights are also cancelled.

As for them kissing and making up ...... yeah right! 

Sorry no image available

Okey-dokey, I think I will change my plans for that day.   Just my luck if they all kiss and make up at the last minute!  Toasty

Sorry no image available
Posted by cleo-185556 - 15 years ago

I spoke to someone at Carlson Wagonlit this afternoon and was told that the strike would be in effect from 6am to 10pm on the 13th and would involve the air traffic control and ground staff at the airport. As far as they were concerned no flights were guaranteed that day.

Sorry no image available

I have just checked the flights again for 13 May, and there are two AF flights between Paris and London cancelled.  Everything else so far appears normal.  I find this a little odd .. (normallement strikes again!)

Sorry no image available
Posted by the_geezer - 15 years ago

From experience, I think we can assume that there will be some disruption to flights, as Air France is partly government owned.

I could be wrong... but if you could put off your journey, it may be best.

The Geezer

Sorry no image available

All flights NCE - PAR,  PAR - LON, and and NCE - LON are shown as operating normally (0945 09 May).  That could obviously change.  As Toasty says, the airlines are not giving anything away.

Normally ATC is about the first to be affected, so I wouldn't hold out too much hope of being able to travel on that day.

Sorry no image available

Airline still being non-commital on the subject.  Its not official yet!Toasty

Sorry no image available
Posted by pebbles-183673 - 15 years ago

Unfortunately there is a strike, there will be absolutely no trains whatsoever (not even the minimum service) from Monday at 8pm until Wednesday at 9am.

I think it's a general strike so involves all fonctionnaires (buses, teachers, etc)

Vive la France!