DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Suggest family vacation spot?

Posted by mcclain - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hello,We live locally, but are new to the world of family vacationing. Can anyone suggest somewhere family-friendly that they particularly enjoyed? We originally planned on Corsica, but are having trouble locating a place to stay. Suggestions of spots and hotels most welcome.Thank you.M. Percy

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jayne-190005 - 14 years ago

Thanks for the tip on "ActiRaft" jmcc, looks like fun.  Can you recommend somewhere close by to stay (not too expensive) please?

Sorry no image available
Posted by sus-194690 - 14 years ago

Would def recommend Calvi on Corsica - fantastic food, great long beaches with shallow water which is perfect for the children. Best of France and Italy. Tends to be very hot in July and August though.

Have fun!

Sorry no image available
Posted by jmcc-181202 - 14 years ago

Corsica well worth the trip.  Closer to the CdA is the Gorges du Verdon, quite simply the best natural feature in Europe.  If you have kids aged over about 8-9, take them rafting, or even better 'randonnee aquatique' - dress up in wetsuit and lifejacket and swim down the rapids, jump off rocks etc.  Book ahead as on days with dam release they do rafting, on low flow days they do the randonnee aquatique.  This is like being Indiana Jones and must not be missed.  We used ActiRaft www.actiraft.com there are others in Castellane, itself a great place.

Castellane is 80km north of Grasse on the N85

Julian

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paul Carmel-190537 - 14 years ago

Hi there,

The reason why I emailed rather than posted is because Admin won't let us post about the house we rent out in Calvi, Corsica. If anyone is interested in further details please email us directly.

Cheers, PC

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJ-190944 - 14 years ago

When you find some good answers to your question, would you mind posting them for my benefit, please?  I notice you were sent some private emails in this regard and wonder if they were of any use?

Thanks a lot.

SJ

Sorry no image available
Posted by kirstya - 14 years ago

Hello,

I have emailed you.

Kirsty

Sorry no image available
Posted by gofrance - 14 years ago

Hello again. I just noticed that it mentions Villeneuve-Loubet, which looks like it's very close.

Sorry no image available
Posted by gofrance - 14 years ago

There is a Kid Station designation in France, and resorts or destinations have to meet certain criteria to qualify. The official site has a map and an explanation of the program. It's available in English, too... just click on the flag at the top right.

Sorry no image available
Posted by NuttR - 14 years ago

www.molvania.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paul Carmel-190537 - 14 years ago

you have mail.

Cheers

PC