DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Suggestions please

Posted by lilydoggie - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Milady06 - 6 years ago

There is A b&b in contes. Les Cypres. Try and get the Glycine room with the vaulted ceiling. Everything home cooked for breakfast included in the price an gorgeous gardens. We had an amazing dinner there 4 courses and wine 25€!!!! Les.cypres.fr

Sorry no image available
Posted by Crossfamily-289915 - 6 years ago

Also try this one, have heard excellent things about this hotel. You can call them also and they will take the booking in english. Lots of walks to do and wines to drink and great cheap food.

From memory they have bikes you can ride.

http://www.cadellupo.it/fra/stile_ca_del_lupo.asp

Enjoy.. and happy anniversary

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - 6 years ago

Checkout my previous recommendation for Relais del Nazionale. OK - so it is no longer skiing season, but they have the whole Italian side of the Mercantour available in spring blossom for walking, there are cute restaurants and even better (simple but hearty) mountain auberge where you can eat in Italian splendour at very reasonable cost.
The Relais itself despite being actually ON the Strada Nazionale is incredibly beautiful in natural wood and stone throughout. They have a fantastic spa (included) for a couple to cocoon all afternoon and you can get a very nice massage each from their sympa resident masseuse and then practise again later on each other ;-)
Just 1 hour from Nice, FORGET Cote d'Azur prices - get some Italian luuuuv!

Sorry no image available
Posted by DeiseGirlie - 6 years ago

Thanks it looks wonderful but it is too pricey sadly. If you know of anywhere let me know, thanks :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Allison99 - 6 years ago

I would suggest Chateau de Berne... I think it would be perfect.http://www.chateauberne.com/ (Click on Hotel otherwise you will get the site for the restaurant)

Allison