DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Suing an Architect

Posted by cupplet - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 16 years ago
Sorry no image available
Posted by cupplet - 16 years ago

I have not paid up-front - my e-mail said I has paid my bills to date which means I dont owe them any money - I've paid them for the work they've done - I have a pool which works fine but is in the middle of a building site ! Look this is a saga which has been going on now for 18 months (and it was supposed to take 6-8 weeks). All I want is to get them to finsih the work they have left half-completed and dangerous and give me a guarantee for the pool. This wasn't some fly-by-night builder - this was (supposedly) one of the finest, provencal architects in the region, renowned for the quality of his projects. The issue is very complicated hence my need for a lawyer.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 16 years ago

Cupplet !

You don't explain why the pool has doubled in price , presumably from the original quote ? Was this price change justified ? Did you take insurance out , and is the Company doing the work have Insurance ? How much will it cost to finish the work ?

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by Crystal Balls-184435 - 16 years ago

I agree with St G

I don't have enough money for a pool, but I know that anyone you pay upfront will not finish the job until the want the rest of the payment.

CB

Sorry no image available

THERE ARE NO RIP OFFS IN THE BRITISH BUILDING TRADE !!stgeorge

Sorry no image available

It's nothing to do with ' them ' being French ; why are you paying up front for a construction project that usually has stage payments incorporated - and if you're not happy with the finished product , you don't pay the final installment until negociated to everyones satisfaction ! ? This seems to me to be plain common sense , and nothing to do with being ' ripped off ' by unscrupulous contractors !

If this appears to be not the case , then contact me through e-mail for a suitable lawyer - before you go ahead with expensive legal fees , ask yourselves if you would have been this naive in your own country - if you have enough dosh to build a swimming pool , you can't be that daft !!??

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 16 years ago

Why don't you contact the British and the US embassy for a list of lawyers?

Lana