DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sunbeds in Nice

Posted by paulbag79 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by theresponsibleadult-188195 - 14 years ago

I would much rather be on a beach or at least on my terrace, too. However, UVA tanning beds help fill in the gaps when the weather, or my schedule, doesn't cooperate. Also: no tan lines.

Yes, I know, I know, there are beaches here where you can sun yourself and not worry about tan lines, but again, the weather and time are not always in alignment with le bronzage.

**Mummy told me once too often that I wasn't setting a good example; now I just strive to be a terrible warning.**

Sorry no image available
Posted by Collie21 - 14 years ago

I would be with Stgeorge on that one. My sun bed is 2.5 hectares with a decent view too :-)hey does that wall have a crack in it?

Sorry no image available
Posted by theresponsibleadult-188195 - 14 years ago

Sun tanning bed places here are usually inside Institutes de Beauté and are known as UVA or simply UV.

I go to a place in Golfe Juan where the fee is 9E par séance or 38E for an abonnement of 5 séances. (shockingly high compared to what I have paid in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />US) I have seen better deals posted in the windows of other places, they just aren’t as convenient to me.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Here are some listed in Nice:

Uva Sun 15 Rue Auguste gal Nice  04 93 26 20 92

Ongles et Beauté 17 r Gioffredo 06000 Nice 04 93 92 50 40

Pro esthétique 9 quai de la banquiere rte de Levens 06730 Saint André de la Roche  04 93 800 900

Institut de Beauté Mozart 37 av. Georges Clemenceau 06000 Nice  04 93 87 67 87

Lassus Gym 58 av Jean Médecin 06000 Nice  04 93 85 37 88 or 104 av Californie 06000 Nice  04 93 86 02 32

UV Center  14 r Gubernatis 06000 NICE  04 93 54 51 08

**Mummy told me once too often that I wasn't setting a good example; now I just strive to be a terrible warning.**

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

The cheapest place to get a suntan at the moment is on the beach in Nice - if you don't want to totally expose and avoid too much breeze then sit on one of the benches dotted around the Port for a couple of hours with your shirt off - wonderful,and certainly more action going on than in the sunbed parlour /club exchangist in Rue Smollett !! (Where I've just come from as they won't show the rugby !! )stgeorge