DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

SUNDAY ROAST

Posted by Spidey-189686 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Theswan-186225 - 14 years ago

Hi Spidey,

I really enjoyed the comedy aswell, I haven`t been to a stand up night for a few years and they had me in stitches. It would have definately been better had the pub been rammed but in my view it was still well worth it.

And thanks for the recomendation re: Sunday roast, I know where I`m going next weekend

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spidey-189686 - 14 years ago

I can honestly say that that was the best Sunday roast that I have ever had, I had Lamb, one of my mates had beef and the other went for Aromatic duck with pancakes. Everything was cooked to PERFECTION, the setting was gorgeous, the service exceptional, a little pricey but definately worth it, I will go again, very soon.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND LES RELAIS DES COCHES TO ANYONE READING THIS

As for the comedy, I felt that the compere did a great job and had me in stitches many times. The first guy was not so good, he started well but by about halfway through the act, everyone had switched off and were talking amongst themselves. The second and third acts were very funny in parts but a bit up and down. All in all, I enjoyed the night, it made a nice change but I think it would have been a lot better had the pub been packed and there werer more people for the comedians to bounce off.

I went to the last comedy night a couple of months ago to La gaffe in Antibes and that was ten times better. A mate went to La gaffe on Thursday to see those boys aswell and it was packed and very funny

Right, had my say, must go, fingers nearly bleeding and must snooze off my roast......

Sorry no image available
Posted by theresponsibleadult-188195 - 14 years ago

Spidey,

Did you really think the comics were that good?  I was let down.  I didn't find their material was very funny or fresh nor the themes they talked about looked at in a new or interestingly twisted way.  I would have ranked the overall performances as maybe ** out of a possible *****

I do give them an enormous amount of respect for going on with such a disappointingly under-attended event.  And with the constant and very loud anti-British heckling.

I wonder if other people who saw them in Monaco or other venues had the same reaction.  Did the low turnout in Cannes affect the comics energy level?  So much of a show like that depends on the chemistry of the entire place.

Now about that roast...did you find it? Pork? Lamb? Beef? or Chicken?  were there roasties and gravy, too......mmmmm....I'm whining like a whipped puppy here...

Off the leash - and livin' on the French Riviera

Sorry no image available

Hi Carol,

The comedy night was great, just not enough people unfortunately. The guys were great though. Had a last minute change of heart about the suit, decided to have a night off and go undercover. Trouble is, the suit tends to draw a lot of attention and I didn`t want to become a subject of riddicule for the comedians, I don`t mind it too much but it really winds up my mate, David Banner, and you wouldn`t like him when he`s angry.

Spidey

Sorry no image available

Merci Mike,

You are a lifesaver. Whenever you need help, feel free to call on Spidey

Sorry no image available
Posted by carolie-182474 - 14 years ago

Hi Spidey, well you must have enjoyed the comedy night so, was it good I couldn't make it due to a friends party. Dying to know did you wear the red and blue lycra suit.

I hope the Sunday Roast does the trick.

Regards

Carol

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago