DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sunday shopping in Cannes

Posted by niki_jo - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by shining star - 15 years ago

I think the market near McDons is there most days (at least it always seems to be there when I'm around - nowt to do with McDos!).

The thing about shopping in CDA is to remember that everywhere closes more or less from about 1.00 - 3.00 approx.  So either set out in the morning or late afternoon.  For normal clothes shopping Nice has probably got the widest variety of shops, but rue d'Antibes in Cannes is good and also I think Juan les Pins in places.

shining star x

Sorry no image available
Posted by the_geezer - 15 years ago

There is also the 1930s Marché Forville behind the port. It's not got any fleas, but if you're from out of town you may want to snap up some provençal delicacies.

I also seem to remember that there is a junk/art market on the boules courts outside McDonald's, but I'm not sure whether that is on a Saturday or Sunday.

The Geezer

Sorry no image available
Posted by niki_jo - 15 years ago

Great, thanks!!! hope i can find some good buys!!! i'm a complete shopaholic : )

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 15 years ago

A glimpse at http://www.angloinfo.com/information/brocante.asp reveals:

CannesAntiques: every Monday: Marché Forville Flea-market every Friday: Ranguin. Antiques: every Saturday afternoon: Les Allées de la Liberté. Artists fair every Sunday: Les Allées de la Liberté. **************
Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by JJ-183649 - 15 years ago

No fleas in Cannes my dear.........

Don't know of any in Cannes, but if you're here the first Sunday of a month there is a brocante (flea market type) in Valbonne village, which is about 15kms from Cannes

Hope this helps