DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Surround sound and sky digi

Posted by sunnyw - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by davidl-181802 - 14 years ago

Standard Sky Digi box - connect the two RCA (phono) left and right connectors to a dolby surround amplifier and select pro logic on Amp. Any surround sound should be processed fine.

Sky + - connect the optical out lead to a Dolby Digital amp and any 5.1 sound (only certain movie channels as far as I know) will be in full surround.

More importantly make sure you set the amp up well so that the audio signal from all speakers is at the same level (use a  sound pressure meter for this - £15 approx from Maplins in the UK). Also, in a big room, the delay is important so that sound reaches you at the same time or it'll sound unclear. for delay a good starting point is 1 foot = 1 millisecond delay then you can tinker if you want.

Hope this helps

Sorry no image available
Posted by Humptydingo-180377 - 14 years ago

I don't have a surround sound system but as I understand it you connect the system to the TV and the digibox connects to the TV too.

Try searching the internet for a user manual in English for your surround system - I've found user manuals to download for quite a few electrical products.  Just put the brand name and model in the search window of Yahoo (or whatever)