DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sushi Bar in Cannes?

Posted by k UMGELTER - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

Looking for a Sushi Bar in Cannes area? Are there any?K Umgelter

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by HDSL - 14 years ago

There is finlly a REAL sushi bar in Cannes: Sushikan on rue Florian, 2 blocks from the Tantra. Great selection of sushi. sashimi, maki and some cooked food. All hand made and fresh. 32 seats at the motorized bar. 0493 39 86 13

Sorry no image available
Posted by Twizzel-185350 - 15 years ago

sorry I have to STRONGLY disagree with cheffie. Izanami in Antibes serves the best Sushi I have taste in London, New York or Geneva, and leaves other local places miles behind.

The owners go out of their way to make you welcome and make sure you enjoy your meal. I use it as a take away even though it is a 30 minute drive away.

Definatly a 10 out of 10......

Sorry no image available
Posted by mj-185311 - 15 years ago

Does anyone have specific restaurant recommendations for unagi and uni?

Sorry no image available
Posted by k UMGELTER - 15 years ago

Wow, thanks for all the great responses. Didn't expect my topic to get so many hits in a 24 hour period. Thanks for the information and I realize that thereare many options available to me!K Umgelter

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 15 years ago

Can also highly recommend the 'Indyana' in Nice !

They do a great line in fugu sashimi served with wasabi - (order in advance) - any post répas tingling sensation is probably residues of the neurotoxins , but I'm still alive !! ( Might be the copious quantities of saké that helps !!)

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lissu - 15 years ago

A few more sushi tips,..)not in Cannes, I'm afraid, but not so far away,...)For quite good and cheap sushi lunch, try Matsuri, in the Cap 3000 shopping centre in Saint Laurent Du Var. They also do take away food, and lots of other Japanese food and drink.However the only really excellent Sushi I've had in the region is in the restaurant 'Indyana' in Nice, which is a fantastic fusion restaurant close to the centre. They have a real Japanese sushi chef working there and the sushi is out of this world!Good luck!Lissu

Sorry no image available
Posted by cheffie - 15 years ago

As an admitted sushi freak, the sushi restaurant(Izanami) in Antibes rates a 2 out of 10. Basic sushi, awful ambience and very poor selection IMO. The best sushi around is at my place..... For those of you who want to make your own try www.sushiproducts.com they (Ingrid) have a good selection of ingredients and also offer a basic course in sushi preparation in  Baie des Anges.

You might keep an eye out for Sushi a GO GO quite possibly coming to the CdA soon.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 15 years ago

I knew as I wrote that, that someone would pick up on it. It wasn't meant to be a pun.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 15 years ago

'Sole' sushi - must get down there and try it !!stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anusha-181570 - 15 years ago

Yep its true.. I am an avid O Sushi fan too, having had a quite a lot of bad sushi in other places.. O'Sushi convinced me to try again and I wasnt disappointed. It was fabulous! It is self serving but fresh and there is quite a good selection -they cater/ deliver for parties also.

Alternatively I have heard that there is a cosy sushi restaurant in Antibes near the bus station but I have never been there myself. Let us know where you end up going..