DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

switching from PC to Mac

Posted by Alanea-182633 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by thinklucky - 6 years ago

theres an amusing and informative link on u-tube about PC verus Mac http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHQCvSbHW-k
might influence your decision or not.... Enjoy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by nickhalliday - 6 years ago

"There is also the ethical question. Do you want a computer buillt by a 5 year old chinese kid (iMac)? Or a French or Irish adult (Dell)"

Err, Foxconn (Apple's Taiwanese subcontractor) also makes products for Dell (and HP, Nokia...)

Not saying it's right, but just to add a little balance to the "build 'em up to knock 'em down" policy of the popular press.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ouch that hurt !-230853 - 6 years ago

This evening, I helped my son in law, learn to use his Birthday IPad. someone who was PC until nowHe is just blown away......... so let's hope it lasts !

Sorry no image available
Posted by garoolgan-207343 - 6 years ago

Go for it!!

Since I changed from a PC to a Mac 5 years ago I've never had a problem with my MacBook Pro. It just switches on (much faster than a PC) works until you switch it off. It spends virtually no time in updating, backing up etc. by comparison.

I strongly suggest that you use an external HDD as a backup unit for the "Time Machine" (a part of OS X) just as a safety measure.

The only thing I can say about myself is that I will never understand why I was so stupid as to put up with the WWW (Wonderful World of Windows) for so long when the Mac was there. I'm still kicking myself when I think about it!

Garoolgan

Sorry no image available
Posted by Floridian-312987 - 6 years ago

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46027028/ns/today-today_news/t/your-iphone-was-built-part-year-olds-china/

It is not just Apple using Child labour or labour practices that are illegal in the US and Europe, but it is just Apple that "denies" it, and makes $1 billion a week profit in it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ouch that hurt !-230853 - 6 years ago

I admit it took me a while to convert to Mac, but I love my Macs now, none of the virus hassle, they're fast, sleekno way would I go back to PC

Sorry no image available
Posted by MelaNice - 6 years ago

I stand corrected!! If ChristopherL says, "It is one of the best, if not the best." then that it is!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by soundsalike - 6 years ago

Just after buying an iphone and discovered the delights, soon after I lashed out and bought top of the range imac.... need I say more?I still have a PC laptop but feel like going back to the dark ages every time I switch it on.... only problem I have is trying to find the pointer on the 27" screen and a stiff neck from such a fabulous wide screen.... Down loading apps is a doddle and it remembers what you have.... I will shut up now.......

Sorry no image available
Posted by mrs_p - 6 years ago

danhjksis love the link. need to buy one immediately!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Floridian-312987 - 6 years ago

There is also the ethical question.

Do you want a computer buillt by a 5 year old chinese kid (iMac)? Or a French or Irish adult (Dell)