Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Tax d'habitation

Posted by MPlb-182376 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

I moved out of an apartment back in May this year. I have just received the tax d'habitation bill for the year 2004 for the old apartment (sent to my new address) even though I was only there for 5 months. I have not received a similar bill for where I am living now.Is it normal to pay for the whole year where you live at the start of the year and not get two bills, one for the 5 months in the old place and one for the remaining months in the new house?ThanksMatthew

Sorry no image available

1 reply

Sorry no image available
Posted by sheila bardon - 13 years ago

Yes it is normal that the person living in the property in Jan, pays for the whole year. It can work in your favour if you have moved to a bigger place!sheila