Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Tax Declaration Forms

Posted by trixi - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by trixi - 13 years ago

Thanks a million - the process is always easier when you know what is expected of you / what you need to do.

Thanks again,


Sorry no image available
Posted by dutchguy - 13 years ago

I just went through the procedure.

Here is what you have to do:

fill in a declaration form of 2003 (you can print it from the tax office website). you have to use the 2003 form as the 2004 does not exist yet.

take this form to your local tax office and let them calculate the tax you owe.

take the calculation you received to the Tresorie where you have to pay the total amount. Be sure to ask for a 'quittus fiscal'. This proves you are done with paying taxes in France.

takes a bit of time but in the end it's all quite well organised.

good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by No.6 - 13 years ago

I didn't find anything specific on this and I don't think there is a special declaration form, but I would say that you should make an appointment with your local tax office in order for them to work out the 2004 tax due and for you to pay it before your departure (+get a receipt!). 

Failing this, I would at the very least inform your local tax office in writing of your forwarding address.