DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

tax foncier, who pays?

Posted by mixer-186069 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jens_scott - 14 years ago

I am in kind of the same situation......

We moved out of our rented apartment in August this year (2003) and moved in to our own apartment.......

To ,y surprise I got a letter from our old Agancy saying that we have to pay 8 moths of the Tax foncier.....

At first I thought that is was alright but then I realised that it was Foncier not Habitation.......

The Habitation I should have payd in Januari 2003 =???

So Now I need to talk to the agency and see what the hell they want ? If they are trying to get me to pay this foncier tax what can I do to make sure I don't have to ???

Jens

Telephone and address
Home + 33 4 93 63 60 17
Mob + 33 6 76 94 71 44

Port Azur 1 Entree E
77 Ave.freres roustan
06220 Golfe Juan France 

Sorry no image available
Posted by mixer-186069 - 14 years ago

Thanks for the advice. You're right, the situation has to be dealt with delicately, the fact that my friend lives right above the landlady means that keeping up good relations is essential!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by apu - 14 years ago

hi,  be carefull of the landlord or landlady.

the best wake up call to the landlord or landlady is if you delay your rent payment by about a week...just calmy say i think it was done and should have been paid...ensure that you pay after the delay and they change the way they talk...

this was my experience, got into agrument about taxes etc. they wanted monthly extra payments for both taxes...ended up arguing...etc..in the end to ensure i go my deposit back i did not pay the last two months rents before leaving...

Sorry no image available
Posted by mixer-186069 - 14 years ago

THANK YOU!!!

I thought as much, I shall let her know.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

It's all covered in AngloINFO's INFOrmation Page on French Property Taxes...**************
Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by micmac-187906 - 14 years ago

Of course not, the locataire doesn't have to pay the "taxe foncière"! It's only for owners.... If you buy the house , you pay ... Tell your friend to refuse and she can go to the mairie to have proof! Another locataire.