DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Taxe d'Habitation

Posted by DJH-192756 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

All advice welcome please -I have 2 queries and would like to be well-informed before visiting the Trésorie.

1. I have just received my bill for last year, is it possible to pay this off over a few months via a standing order? Has anybody done this?

2. I now have 2 people sharing the house with me. We split the rent and all the bills in 3 and, now we know how much the Taxe d'Habitation is, will include this in our calculations. The other 2 people earn 900 euros and 1200 euros take home pay, our "3 - way split of all bills is 330 euros per month. They want to claim help with rent, bills and Taxe d'Habitation. Where do they go to do this?

Thank you

David

David

Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by yjme-181229 - 14 years ago

David

As Legend points out it is too late to pay in instalments, that has to be set up at the beginning of each taxe d'habitation year, directly from your bank account - ie November. But if you go along to the tax office and explain you have difficulties, they may allow you to pay in three instalments.

As for your flatmates, they may apply for rental help at their Caisse d'Allocations Familiales (this is tied in with their social security)but they need to provide proper rental contracts and rent payment slips with all their landlord's details and their avis d'imposition from last year. If this is your house and there is nothing legal paperwork wise they will not get any help anywhere.  If you are subletting from a landlord they will also not get any help I fear. Maybe things have changed/will change but I believe the above still holds for now.

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

Yes it is possible although you may have missed this year's deadline for prélèments mensuels.  Depends on how flexible your Trésorerie office will be.In view of the figures you quote, I don't understand what makes your 2 flatmates think that they qualify for any form of financial aid?