DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

taxes

Posted by lynnettejane - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Could someone help please. It's coming up to the time for taxe fonciere/d'habitation bills to be sent out I think. I'm not sure if the relevent department has my uk address, could anyone in Villefranche advise me who and which department to contact. I emailed the mairie in VsM with my question, probably in poor French, but so far no reply. Would appreciate advice as I believe there is a penalty for late payment, thanks, Lynnette

Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by the_geezer - 14 years ago

For all taxes, ask to pay by monthly instalment, prelevement mensuel. It hurts a lot less.

The Geezer

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ghene - 14 years ago

Well, for your tax questions and for more information here's the site to look at : http://www.impots.gouv.fr/portal/dgi/home;jsessionid=USB2MBZNU0FABQFI22PCFFOAVDT3YIV3?pageId=home&sfid=00

Unfortunately it is in French :-(

snowtiger

Sorry no image available
Posted by sheila bardon - 14 years ago

Taxe fonciere is due in September, if you speak directly with the Tresor Public you can arrange for both it and the Taxe D'habitation to be paid monthly by a direct debit from a french bank account.

Taxe D'habitation is payable by the person who is resident in the property on the 1st January, quite what happens if the property is empty .....

sheila

Sorry no image available
Posted by lynnettejane - 14 years ago

Thanks all, Lynnette

Sorry no image available
Posted by WelshNotEnglish - 14 years ago

Taxe d'Habitation is due in January, if I remember correctly. However, the impot sur la revenue is due by 15th September :(

Sorry no image available
Posted by sheila bardon - 14 years ago

It is the TRESOR PUBLIC (Tresorerie Generale), 6 av Albert 1er, Villefranche sur Mer. Tel 04 93 01 73 46 Fax 04 93 01 92 57

sheila