DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Teach me french and I'll do your household chores

Posted by Twilight-186781 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by karen.snooke - 14 years ago

Hi Twilight,  I too am in the same situation , need to work but can't speak the language , and can't afford lessons , i find it such a shame that there must be so many ex pats over here theat can speak French fluentely but are not willing to help others unless they get some work out of it , i can't wait till i can speak French fluentely , and i will be more than willing to help anyone with learning just for a get together with someone . People will probably say why am i complaining , if so why did i come here , but you go where your husband can get work and struggle through , not easy but it has to be done .

karen snooke

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fairy-198739 - 14 years ago

Oh I forgot, I also need an English-speaking nanny or babysitter for when I'll be starting work. If you are interested, write me back.Emma

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fairy-198739 - 14 years ago

HI?

If you still havn't found no one, I also would be interested to exchange French conversations for housecleaning. My mother tongue is French and I live next to Grasse, so not too far from Antibes. I also have experience as a teacher. Contact me if you are still looking for someone. Ah, and I'm very flexible since I'm at home taking care of my baby.

Emma

Sorry no image available
Posted by NadiaG-192314 - 15 years ago

Can you travel to Grasse? In that case I'd be happy to teach you French against a bit of cleaning!

French is my mother tongue and I am a qualified translator with extensive teaching experience, so I should be able to help you.

Call me on 06 66 34 96 33 or e-mail.

Thanks.

Nadia

Sorry no image available
Posted by Twilight-186781 - 15 years ago

Based in Antibes

Sorry no image available
Posted by yjme-181229 - 15 years ago

Where are you based Twilight? Please contact me via email.