DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Telecom problems

Posted by Bluesky-189167 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

I have been intermitently losing the dial tone on both my home lines for nearly a week now. When you dial in the numbers are also busy. Needless to say French Telecom deny there is a problem. It is happening two or three times each day for an hour or so. Can anyone help or advise. My main number is ADSL and the internet connection is always OK!

Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 13 years ago

I have also been wondering what was going on with the phones as we've had problems since last week.

In a country where 'customer service' meant something,  they would have informed customers (only here they don't see you as a customer, just as a bill-payer) that there might be a disruption to service.  They could, for example, have added a line or a note with the last bill, as presumably these things are planned in advance (or maybe not?).  Or at the very least,  the staff who deal with calls would have been informed instead of kept ignorant.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Admin-179828 - 13 years ago

BevA: e-mails to you are bouncing. Please go to the My Profile link on the main Forum menu bar and correct your address.-----
Forums Administration

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bluesky-189167 - 13 years ago

I too am in Chateauneuf and was beginning to think my phones were bugged. I spent at least an hour on the phone to Telecom and they are only coming in the morning on the condition that I pay their 'call out' if teher is nothing wrong!!!! It's a good job it's such a great place to live!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Clan MCN - 13 years ago

I'm SO glad you wrote this one!  My husband has been accusing me of spending the past few days on the phone the whole day, I guess due to the engaged tone coming up when he calls.  I know the phones here in Chateauneuf have been out of service twice today for a couple of hours each time, so I take comfort in thinking that all will be back to 'normal' from tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing your findings :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by BevA-189281 - 13 years ago

Finally got through to someone in France Telecom who knows what is happening. Apparently the lines are being standardised and we will not have any more problems from the 2 Sept ie tomorrow. No one was informed of this it seems and most people working on the switchboard at FT didn't know either and assured me I had a problem in the house!

Bev

Sorry no image available
Posted by secours-180503 - 13 years ago

Same problem- We are living in Valbonne too

Sorry no image available
Posted by gsm - 13 years ago

We are having the same problem. I 've heard Valbonne, Opio and Roquefort les Pins are affected - an exchange problem.