DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Telephone music menace!!!!

Posted by Humptydingo-180377 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by pjd-185342 - 14 years ago

but did you solve the music mystery?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Humptydingo-180377 - 14 years ago

I believe I have now discovered what Audiotel is and how it came to appear on my telephone bill.  I found the actual details of when these calls were made on my on-line account with France Telecom.  They were all made on the same day which was the day I telephoned Wanadoo to query my forfait and bill.  They were always engaged and I was played music whilst I waited to be connected. I was held in a queue and often hung-up and redialled. This is Audiotel - so it has cost me €20 to rectify a mistake by Wanadoo which was not any fault of my own!!! Beware Wanadooers.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Twilight-186781 - 14 years ago

hmm.... that scares me as i've been getting calls where i pick up and hear a lot of music followed by a lot of babbling in french.... i cant afford anymore ontop of my current bill.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

I also noticed a couple of these audiotel calls on my last bill.  My partner and I each assumed that it was something quite innocent that the other had done, but niether of remembers answering the phone and hearing music.

Some of the numbers that you call for example SNCF enquiries are also listed as Audiotel ....  maybe someone else knows more about this.  I hardly check my bills since we got rid of our mad cleaning woman as 99% of my calls are international and routed through Primus etc, so really the bill only reflects the odd local call.

Hopefully someone can give an answer!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Humptydingo-180377 - 14 years ago

Re my last question -Just looked up my France Telecom telephone bill consumption (online with France Telecom) since last bill and found 11 calls totally €20,20 on Audiotel.  I have not signed up for this service.  Anyone know what it is. 

I installed Skype software last week which allows me to speak for free via the internet/microphone to my nephew in the Uk who also has this software- is there a connection with this Audiotel charge?