DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Telephone recommendations

Posted by SJ-190944 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Sally I have a phone (wired) which you can have for free.  It's as new. nothing fancy, but a good one (Philips)  still in box with instructions etc.

Hope you haven't rushed out and bought one!

Cheers - M

Sorry no image available
Posted by Josplas - 14 years ago

I also have a Siemens Gigaset, but GET THE DUOSET

It cost a little more (100Euro), but you have an extra set which you can plug in the socket anywhere, without a phoneline. Handy as intercom, but also at the pool in the summer, or in a guestroom, as long as you know the guests will not misuse it !

jos

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJ-190944 - 14 years ago

A Siemens Gigaset I will buy, then! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by reinrev5 - 14 years ago

We too have a Siemens Gigaset after trying many others and are very happy with it. Stay away from Alcatel, the nicest thing I have to say about that make is cheap rubbish.

Reinrev

Sorry no image available
Posted by carolie-182474 - 14 years ago

I also have a Siemens Gigaset phone which I bought and am very happy also around the 60 Euro mark but it has never let me down and is user frinedly.

Regards

Carol

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miss Varna - 14 years ago

Do you want with cable or wireless?

I was very, very disappointed with Alcatel's quality - they are pretty cheap but not even worth that little money. Now we have a Siemens Gigaset and are very satisfied.

I personally would not rent a phone: It costs a couple of Euros per month, thus after 1 yr of use you have paid it but still have to continue paying it. For 60 Euro you can buy a good phone and own it forever.