DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Texting

Posted by lob-189383 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

anyone else have problems sending texts to some mobiles?  I can text most people no problem - but can't do so with a couple of friends.  I have an Orange contract - they are on Monaco.

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Nope,  wrong Mr. P I'm afraid!  I know where I'll be tonight but your comment about the appetite is valid just the same.  Enjoy!

Sorry no image available
Posted by lob-189383 - 14 years ago

is that you Mr Perry?  working as hard as I am then... see you this evening 8 ish - bring a big appetite!

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

It seems that agreements do not exist between certain networks. Also that such agreements as there are can be unilateral.

For example from my SFR phone I can send to friends on Etisalat in Dubai, they receive my messages but I don't get theirs.  I can send successfully to MTN subscribers in South Africa but not to Vodacom, and yet I receive from both.

With my O2 UK phone it is a similar situation.

When I asked SFR I got the usual  'it's not our problem/fault and go away' type reply, and O2 are 'investigating. So far their investigation has taken 2 years!

Also what is a bit annoying is that even when the message is not delivered ..... you guessed it ... you pay!