DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

The easy way to clean Sahara dust

Posted by dublinmike-182617 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 14 years ago

I've just finished a day where 4 yachts (all 40ft+) were personally cleaned very satisfactorily. I really have no idea what you mean 'OK' or how this is failing for you. In fact today in Antibes there were 5 machines cleaning boats and I heard nobody complaining. All I could hear were ooh's and aahs of bliss.

Tomorrow I shall suggest the soap and water technique around the port, if I live, I'll let you know how it was received.

Best regards,

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by belamica-188434 - 14 years ago

What suggestions do you have to get the red stuff off house walls?  If I rub with my hand I end up with the "paint" coming off too!  And using the garden house (which can reach higher than I can) just doesn't seem to be enough...belamica

Sorry no image available
Posted by OK-186520 - 14 years ago

Pleased that the pressure washer works for you but you wont see many yachts on the coast using a pressure washer. It just seems to spread it from one place to another.

Soap and water, and a soft scrubbing brush does the trick. It seems the soap is needed to 'unstick' the dust.

Hope this helps as well :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 14 years ago

Hi Shuba,

Sure, we'll get it done toute suite! Have written you via email.

Best regards,

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by Shuba - 14 years ago

Hi MikeD,

Can I rent your washer for a day or two? I am in Biot and have finally realised I need more power to get this job done.

thx