DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

The great Riviera Radio fly past

Posted by Jan-181414 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Geoff77 - 13 years ago

Yes,  a  woman won the tickets this morning at about 10.30, being the 165th caller to give the correct answer, something in French (did'nt hear exactly). She said she saw the plane from Cap Ferrat on Saturday, I think. I did'nt see it atall despite spending Sat p.m. at the port (in Nice).

Also unable to find any info on their website abour the "flight" offer.  

Geoff

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 13 years ago

I doubt if the NCE - NYC flights will be affected by any Chapter 11 action that Delta may take.  It is apparently a profitable route both for Delta and Air France with whom they codeshare.

Re. the RR competition : You don't get a Daily Mail in economy (or at least you didn't last time I flew BA to London).

Did someone win this wonderful prize? This morning they were talking about a First Class business return to London, (there is of course no such thing as First class on short haul routes), and using the 'VIP' lounge, which is not the same as the Business Class lounge.    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Sorry no image available
Posted by NuttR - 13 years ago

Does this mean no more direct flights from NY..?  It's a nightmare arriving in Paris or London or whatever in the morning with heavy jet lag then having to stay awake long enough to make the connecting flight...  Oh but at least I might get a free connecting flight now from RR - in Business Class which means you can use the lounge in Heathrow or Gatwick.  The showers there are excellent and very much appreciated although a direct flight from the States would be better...

Sorry no image available
Posted by kubalee - 13 years ago

what makes me laugh is not only are they giving away a return trip to london (wooooohooooooo i hear you say)

but also its in business class.............. WOW

(which basically means you can have the added option of a daily telegraph instead of the daily mail and get to sit at the front of the plane and not in the middle with all the other peasants)

hmm 10,000 euros or return trip to london

good to see the prizes are getting better and better on the RR

Sorry no image available

Delta could file for bankruptcy this week.  No cause for alarm if you have tickets booked with them as it is unlikely that this will cause any immediate change to operations, and tickets are likely anyway to be honoured by other carriers.

http://news.airwise.com/stories/2004/10/1098610249.html

In other aviation news,  Icelandair has bought almost 9% of EasyJet, giving rise to speculation about a possible takeover bid.  And in order to quash speculation that Ryanair was about to bid for EasyJet, a Ryanair spokesman said : "Hell will freeze over first."  Clearly a warm relationship there!

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonwynne - 13 years ago

Why would anyone want to win a return trip to London ...Simon Templer

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tinker-186005 - 13 years ago

If you look at their site they "Riviera Radio" make no mention of this competition! So the gargling is interesting, but the songs that make you cry is cringeworthy but as long as we have the morning show who cares, have you noticed that in the first few minutes of the world service at 6 am you can hear the first RR song that will be played after the news!! I really should get out more !!Tinker

Sorry no image available

I didn't hear the original announcement but they are definitely now saying flights to London with British Airways.

The latest news about Delta's finances does not look good,  which may be why they pulled the prize.

They have warned they may have to seek bankruptcy protection (Chapter 11) and expect a third-quarter loss of about $650 million (petty cash really!)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tinker-186005 - 13 years ago

Well if you're going mad so am I, we also heard the original advert saying about the tickets being to New York and I am pretty sure they thanked Delta, I did think it was this weekend not Monday though? ah well chances of them flying over the hills of Grasse was going to be pretty remote anyway, just releived that its not my hearing!Tinker