DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

The local tip?

Posted by ALJ-195383 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

I am trying to find out where the local tip is, as i have a load of rubble i need to dispose of. I am in Villefranche sur mer.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

ALJ

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 14 years ago

I've no idea, I live in Cannes.  Here the council comes around twice a month to pick up bulky rubbish, anything vaguely useful disappears before the council gets there.

Rubble is a special case though. It is usually generated by building companies and they pay a small fee to have it recycled.

If it is just a small bag you will probably get away with it, but if it is half a skip load it is best to ask the mairie whats what.

Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by ALJ-195383 - 14 years ago

Tony ooops missed it, the answering machine is on. Quick bolt because its Friday i suppose. 

But i will try again Monday. Do you think that they will be okay with collecting gravats in bags from outside my house?

Many thanks

ALJ

Sorry no image available

You can only call 800 numbers in France

try the mairie de Villefranche 33 (0) 4 93 76 33 33

It is open for another 5 min till 16:30

Tony

Sorry no image available

Zoe

Thank you for your response.

I have just tried to call the number but i am calling from the UK and if i call 0033 800 77 20 12 it doesnt connect. Do you know if it is a number i can only call whilst in France?

Thank you

ALJ

Sorry no image available

Also, building rubble (gravats) is often a special case.  Not all tips accept it or they have a limit.Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by zoe-180327 - 14 years ago

I live in the centre of nice and have an old wardrobe I've dismantled that I wanted to get rid of. I've just rung the mairie and they'll send someone round to pick it up from outside my house this evening - No charge!

The number's 0800 77 20 12.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cgraf - 14 years ago

Basically they do not let you unless you show id and a valid bill, ie EDF or France Telecom.

C.

C.

Sorry no image available

Thank you Legend thank you C.

C. This may sound like a silly question BUT... how do they know whether i pay my tax d'hab in Villefranche? I dont think i have any paperwork etc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cgraf - 14 years ago

Make sure you call before you go. Some communes around here have different ways of looking at your rubbish disposal...

Valbonne and Roquefort are actually only allowing you to dump there if you pay your tax d'hab there. Others collect it for you from your front door (such as Le Rouret).

C.

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

Déchetterie<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />