DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

there is nothing worse than a limp one.

Posted by peter57-190654 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

I am looking for iceberg lettuce, the ones you get here are all floppy and limp, does anyone know where I can buy them from,                         Many thanks Pete

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miss Varna - 13 years ago

Gourmet is the supermarket Lafayette Gourmet @Cap 3000. They also have a not-too-bad section with important food (English, German, Asian, Mexican etc)

Sorry no image available
Posted by karen.snooke - 13 years ago

Thanks, I will try to find them !!karen snooke

Sorry no image available

Thanks, I will try to find them !!karen snooke

Sorry no image available
Posted by belamica-188434 - 13 years ago

If you get over towards Italy, go to LIDL, COOP and the covered market in Ventimiglia, all usuallly carry iceberg lettuce - fresh and non-limp!  Seems it's more common in Italy than in France.belamica

Sorry no image available
Posted by No.6 - 13 years ago

The "nice fruit and veg shop in Valbonne" is in fact Dumanois Primeurs, 4 place de la Vignasse - it's n the row of shops opposite the Post Office (there is a fairly large car park inbetween), just up the stairs from (above) the Salle des Fêtes

The same row of shops includes a Pharmacie, Presse, a scrumptious Italian deli, a Boucherie/traiteur, an insurance broker, a Blanchisserie, etc.)

Once you have entered this establishment you will be hooked for life, despite the wildly exorbitant prices charged. His stuff is all A1 quality and he always stocks what no-one else has when you need it most .. like fresh mint, fresh coriander, cucumbers, kenyan beans, cèpes, etc. etc.

I do not know of the 'gourmet shop in CAP 3000', but I'm sure you'd find it easily enough if you went to the CAP 3000 shopping centre, which is next to Nice airport. 

Sorry no image available

Where is Gourmet and the "nice fruit and veg shop in Valbonne" located please,we live in Peymeinadekaren snooke

Sorry no image available

Where is Gourmet and the "nice fruit and veg shop in Valbonne" located please,we live in Peymeinadekaren snooke

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 13 years ago

They have them in that nice fruit and veg shop in Valbonne..

Jan

'anything for an easy life'

Sorry no image available
Posted by peter57-190654 - 13 years ago

Thanks to all that replied, I have been to Gourmet, and lo and behold I have found the iceberg lettuce, so hopefully I wont have to stomach another limp one, many thanks.

Pete

Sorry no image available

about three months ago i found iceburg lettuce in carrefour in antibes but haven't seen any since ,and not being able to speak French yet i can't go and ask them if they are going to get anymore in, maybe you may do better ,i have bought them from there,so they did do them.

karen snooke