DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Titre de Sejour medical exam??

Posted by gofrance - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lulu-183463 - 15 years ago

they must've changed things recently, then, because i'm a non eu spouse of an eu citizen (french) and definitely had to jump those hoops :-) just glad it's over (for now)

Sorry no image available
Posted by wendy-179831 - 15 years ago

quote:I presume this medical is for non EU applicants ?

Yes, however a non-EU spouse of an EU citizen automatically gets some rights of EU citizenship and doesn't need to jump the extra hoops.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Humptydingo-180377 - 15 years ago

I presume this medical is for non EU applicants ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by stell-192123 - 15 years ago

I live in the Var & renewed my Carte De Sejour (now called Titre De Sejour) last month & have never been asked to see a doctor or produce any such info. in order to qualify for one. Are you sure that this is what they really want?

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 15 years ago

I live in Cannes and had to go to Nice to see their doctor. A chest X-ray was taken, the doctor poked at my abdomen and I seem to recall vision testing. All in all, it wasn't a big deal--more of a time waster, really, though I guess it keeps a number of people employed.

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by tkw - 15 years ago

Yes you should get a letter to report to a special OMI office and their doctor. I believe its in Nice...my girlfriend had to not me. However somehow she never got her letter..wrong address whatever and had to go back to the prefecture to get it sorted with the correct address. So don't wait too long if you don't receive your letter.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lulu-183463 - 15 years ago

i believe they (the prefecture) will send you something in the mail with the date and time of your appointment (and the address of where you need to go. you do not get to pick a doctor.) that's what i remember (about a year and a half ago when i applied for my cds) please search these forums for more info or feel free to email me with questions. good luck, L