DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Transferring money from UK to mexico

Posted by chrism27565 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by meagherp - 14 years ago

I used Halewood International.  Strongly recommend them. In Windsor. You can buy an forward currency fix for about 10% margin.  They don't mind you visiting to see their operation for yourself and they are financially secure(as far as I can tell). Also they were also good at quickly crediting me back  another Euro draft I did not use in the end.     http://www.hifx.co.uk/          

Peter

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jack Kellerman - 14 years ago

I used a company called SGM Foreign Exchange. They were really good and saved me loads when I had to send money to Florida. The website is www.sgm-fx.com and the number is 0207 778 0123.

Sorry no image available
Posted by gaella - 14 years ago

www.mexonline.com

Go to chat, register a username and get on Legal Discussion. Though most users are North Americans, you will get insight as to property laws, you can ask questions, etc.  There are 2 sides to the story of being a home owner in Mexico. Some people got ripped off big time in a variety of ways (knowing how to read the fine print in Spanish is crucial, of course) while others are happy.  I've personally looked into Mexico for a while because I think it is a great country to live in, if one does not need to work there.  As far as retiring there (if that is what you want to do) there are many requirements to prove regular income from pension. Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bill06 - 14 years ago

Try currencies Direct

00 44 207 813 0332

They have a web site somewhere.

Cheers Bill