Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.



Posted by Cris-188406 - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 16 years ago

I see no evidence from the posting that Cris is form the UK, Humptydingo.

However, yes, you still (oficialy, anyway) need to provide official translations.


Sorry no image available
Posted by Humptydingo-180377 - 16 years ago

My God is the need for the translation of birth certificates etc. still going on.  Why is this so when all the EU government documents to do with social security, health etc. etc. etc.  are available in all the different EU languages. They must have seen hundreds of Uk birth certificates by now.  French bureacracy at it's worst again ! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by wendy-179831 - 16 years ago

Hi Chris

You'll find a list of professionally recognised translators here: http://riviera.angloinfo.com/af/57/. Those marked as "Certified" have the official registration stamp. You may find they are happy to work off good quality copies, but I think they may need to see the original documents at the end in order to stamp the "certification of truth" on the translation.

Sorry no image available
Posted by yjme-181229 - 16 years ago

If you go to your nearest law courts, go to the greffe du tribunale who will give you a list of local, official translators, or perhaps your mairie would also have a list.  They have to be legally recognised as a translator (you can't just do it yourselves) and have a special 'stamp' for your documents once translated.