DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Transport to St Tropez?

Posted by Andrew.Wilk - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lynnettejane - 14 years ago

Villa Kerylos Beaulieu s Mer, not quite as breath-taking as Rothschilds but all that mosaic and marble, it must have cost a fortune even around 100 years ago or more when it was built, then there's the lovely coastal walk from Bealieu to St Jean Cap Ferrat to round off the day, gorgeous, especially if there's a nice meal thrown in at the end, regards, Lynnette

Sorry no image available
Posted by Andrew.Wilk - 15 years ago

Trips? Just an opinion but its hard to beat a visit to the Villa Ile de France, of Ephrussi de Rothschild, St Jean Cap Ferat. No "Changing Rooms" MDF makeover, just the most beautiful villa I have ever seen anywhere, in what must be the most enchanting position on the Med. The entry charge keeps out the riff-raff, and for a few brief moments you can experience what it must be like to have had an income close to the Gross National Product of Belgium. 

Peaceful perfection, marred only by the gentle barking of rotweillers in neighbouring villa's and thir private security guards on their walkie talkies.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 15 years ago

30Euros return! it beats sitting in a traffic jam, trying to find parking etc.

What a great treat for visitors.

Why we are on the subject of visitors, anyone have any good ideas for day trips?

Jan

Anything for a peaceful life

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 15 years ago

Its amazing what's on your own doorstep and you don't know about it ! At £28 there and back , it's got to be a good day out and certainly beats driving or the train ! Thanks Lisa !!stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by Andrew.Wilk - 15 years ago

ilsdelerins Cannes-St Tropez:   Prix : 30 €/ pers. aller et retour
Air France Navette : 118 euro

(Zoot alors! 30 euro a round trip? - I will have to let the bodyguard go!)

Thanks for all your ideas, including hitching with celebs!  Air-baloon offer awaited

Andrew

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lisa_C - 15 years ago

There's also a new service starting at the end of June to the end of September from Nice airport to St Tropez using a bus (from the airport) and boat (from St Laurant) The link is http://www.nice.aeroport.fr/acces_stationnement/bus/horaires%20PDF/st_tropez_fr.pdfLisa

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lisa_C - 15 years ago

There's a regular boat trip to St Tropez from the port of Nice: http://www.trans-cote-azur.com/ang/prognice.htmlLisa

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nice&Easy - 15 years ago

I USE A TAXI FROM TIME TO TIME BUT IT COSTS 110 EURO ONE WAY! OR I HIRE A CAR FROM ONE OF THE AIRPORT COMPANIES ,EITHER WAY IT'S NOT CHEAP BUT HIRE CARS CAN VARY DEPENDS 1 WEEK HIRE AROUND £130.BETTER STILL ASK A CELEB FOR A LIFT IN THE HELECOPTER!!OR BUY A CAR AND SHARE THE COSTS AS WE DO AND LEAVE IT AT THE LONG TERM PARK.

GOOD LUCK 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 15 years ago

Take the bus or train to Cannes,Then the Chanteclair boat to St Tropez.

This option only works if you need to go on Thursday or Saturday.

Look at the web site www.ilesdelerins.com

Jan

Anything for a peaceful life

Sorry no image available
Posted by AlenaLindsay-184315 - 15 years ago

I think that if you take the SNCF to St Raphael, there is either a bus, another train, or a short ferry to St Tropez. One of those, or all three, but I know that once you're in St Raphael, getting to St Tropez isn't a problem, and if you can get ahold of their tourist bureau they'll be able to tell you. They should also be able to tell you "what comes next" at the train station when you purchase your ticket.