Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


travel agency +legalities

Posted by munchkin-191066 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0


my boyfriend used to work for a travel agency in UK and his boss wants him to find out about setting up a branch or subsid here...I know that to set up many things down here is a minefield - ie. agence immo's need professional qualifications and insurance etc...is it the same for travel agencies? Can anyone point us in the right direction for getting advice?

thank you

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by munchkin-191066 - 14 years ago

That's great Mike...thanks very much.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago
Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

If he has an IATA/UFTAA qualification he is qualified to work in travel agency here. However if he doesn't he is not disqualified.  I know that's not really what you asked but it is relevant.

The requirements for setting up an agency depend to large degree on whether or not they wish to sell air tickets under their own licence,  in which case a large bond based on turnover is required, in addition to which there are other security and financial related issues.

The French equivalent of ABTA should be able to provide answers to these questions. I would start by going to an agency here to ask them what their trade association is called - or ABTA in UK should be able to tell you.