DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Travel from Calais to Nice

Posted by same-186162 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lob-189383 - 14 years ago

if you're taking two days to come down then why use the autoroute?  has to be one of the most boring drives ever IMO.

last time i came down i came down further west via le mans, tours (took in a couple of the loire valley chateaux) then stayed the night in Sarlat - (see here: http://www.clarkson.edu/~griffitk/sarlat.html  (not my pics))

next day went east to Avignon, over Mt Ventoux (one of the most famous Tour de France climbs) then west to Moustiers St Marie through the Provencal Lavender fields.  Hardly touched an autoroute but the route nationales are so good you don't miss them and big bonus is they are free.

lob

Sorry no image available
Posted by same-186162 - 14 years ago

Thanks Lynnette and Mike I will take a look.RegardsSamSam

Sorry no image available
Posted by same-186162 - 14 years ago

Hi LesWe travel using the autoroute.ThanksSamSam

Sorry no image available
Posted by lynnettejane - 14 years ago

Hotel le Panorama, 74 Route de Pommard, Beaune, Tel 03 08 26 22 17. Good stop over hotel, you can walk into the center of Beaune easily, the hotel is on the edge of town off the main autoroute, surrounded by vinyards, has its own restaurant and pool to cool off in after a long drive, good value, regards Lynnette

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

I like Savigny-les-Beaune, personally - good food, good wine and a beautiful château with a bizarre, eclectic museum focusing on old motorbikes, military jets and Abarth racing cars...

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by lespalmiers - 14 years ago

Which route do you normally take?

Regards, Les