DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Trouble getting through to the UK by phone today..

Posted by Palmtrees-188751 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Is anybody experiencing the same thing today?   All I get is a fax tone to two particular numbers I'm trying to get through to.   They don't have faxes and mine is off!

Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Palmtrees-188751 - 14 years ago

Intriguing!  ......do you think the soft furnishing industry (cushions swags 'n tails etc ) has this kind of thing going on aswell?     All my work is in the UK, so to all those cut-throat competitors tuning in, don't bother as I am not here to steal your customers!!!  

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

You might have thought I was joking ( 007 etc ) but I had a party for some what I thought bona fide yacht brokers last week and removed 3 auto 'listening devices ' from my premises the next day , including one in the toilet behind the cistern - I suppose the theory being to call through the info. gathered in the security of the WC - you can never be too careful , and as the 3 devices were from 3 completely different 'spy' companies , I can only assume at least 3 yacht brokers are keen to know what I'm doing ? The 4'th device I found , I've left in place to give Intox !

stgeorge

Sorry no image available

No, its London.   But maybe there is a knock-on effect.        Palmtrees

Sorry no image available
Posted by ajeynes - 14 years ago

If you are trying to call Manchester there have been major problems all week due to a fire in a BT tunnel.

Sorry no image available

Bug my phone????   can you please call 007 for me. Palmtrees

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

I've made several calls today from landline and cellphone to UK landline and cellphones and had no problem.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

Do you think anyone has any reason to ' bug ' your phone ?

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by richardr-181963 - 14 years ago

No, tried a few minutes ago and this morning and all ok with the numbers I rang