DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

UK - TV via Internet

Posted by LMN-212936 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by BritRiviera - 5 years ago

I have just tried the Filmon site via a PC, after the demo period expires it asks for an account, there is an option just to register for free - just select the "Local TV" option. Once you have entered your name, email etc. (no credit card required) it lets you watch the Standard TV channels.

Seems pretty good to me

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cheeseplant - 5 years ago

If you download the Filmon App from Apple it seems that you don't need the subscription. I don't know why but if I access the Filmon site through the web on my computer (iPad) I get asked for a subscription, whereas if if access it though the app I don't it just works.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LMN-212936 - 5 years ago

Just tried it dannyboy. However, after a few minutes, your free trial has ended, and they ask you to have an account. Understandably so. One way or another, one has to pay a subscription to watch TV.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Oh Danny Boy - 5 years ago

You don't have to have an i-pad/pod and Apple TV for "filmon" - you can use it through any computer.

We have used it through both an i-pad and an ordinary laptop (with a repeater cable to the TV) and it works just fine on both.

Limited number of channels though - alternative is a proxy server as mentioned previously.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cheeseplant - 5 years ago

This maybe the same solution as that offered by Coffeecup but what you need is an iPad or iPhone or iPod Touch and an Apple TV (little black box about 90€ from FNAC). Download the free Flimon app from the apple store to your device and it's as simple as that. I have been using this for about 2 months now and thee is no catch and it's not illegal. You can watch all of the UK terrestrial channels free on your device or stream to your TV via the Apple TV.Any problems with set up drop me a line.

Sorry no image available

Thanks for all the advice. I have signed up with a UK company. £5 per month(they offer UK or USA). So far it is working well. You can cancel at any time, so are only committed for a month.I really studied this, asked questions etc. and I am happy with the result.You can I am told add a cable, and connect to the TV and watch it on your TV screen, have not got that far yet !

Sorry no image available
Posted by callisto-215988 - 5 years ago

Hi coffee up,Would love the email too, think you're going to be pretty popular, lots of people can't put up a dish for one reason or anotherThank you for your help!

Sorry no image available
Posted by ouch that hurt !-230853 - 5 years ago

Coffeecup, would be delighted to know more about this ! could you forward the mail to me too ?Thank you

Sorry no image available
Posted by Coffeecup-316019 - 5 years ago

Email sent direct to you......really easy full UK tv chanels without any 3rd party company or changing your IP

all you need is a Ipad or Iphone

mick

Sorry no image available

Thank you Mr_J. I am hearing of various sites to contact. But would like to know of someone who is actually receiving, and can recommend.