DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

underground propane tank

Posted by Andy G-190935 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 14 years ago

Sounds like the Parachute and the Gas tank were 'Built in Britain'. :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by hope-186232 - 14 years ago

We had one installed in the ground by Antargaz I think, its like a submarine!. We had to get someone to dig the hole - Antargaz gave the complete dimensions, they also came by to survey the land and the place to put it as there are "limitations". My husband then buried the pipe from the tank into the house and this was fairly easy (speaking as a woman, but he did sweat a bit!!) It works wonderfully now. Slight drawback you can't plant things too close, again Antargaz gives all the details.yvonne

Sorry no image available
Posted by Andy G-190935 - 14 years ago

Yes please Fosters!

I sent you an email - I hope you got it.

Andy

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fosters-183924 - 14 years ago

Hi,We had an underground propane gas tank installed by primagaz in December. It was very quick and easy. The hole was dug and the tank lifted in and filled around with earth all in one afternoon. The man came back another day and connected the pipes to the meter. very straight forward really. However, We still have a huge pile of earth from the hole, as they do not take that away, So if you need any earth ................In fact it's free for anyone to take away!!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Andy G-190935 - 14 years ago

Cheers Jos,

Just another question though, how deep did you bury your gas pipe? Are there rules about it?

loved the joke by the way - very appropriate.

Andy

Sorry no image available
Posted by Josplas - 14 years ago

Hi Andy, I had it done by primagaz a couple of years ago, and it is not very complicated. I think I remember that the tank cam with the concrete sockets. They dig the hole, and without any concrete put in the tank and its sockets.

I installed the piping ( 1/2 inch copper) myself, in a plastic tube "gaine".

The filling around the tank can be any sort of ground, but it must be loose sand around the copper tube.

On hindsight, I would have left another plastic tube, to be able to put in a wire later for the sensor which allows you to read the level of gas from inside.

Remindes me of the Irishmen who made a parachute jump fron 15.000 Ft.

He pulled his main parachute, which did not open.

He just kept falling and falling...........

He pulled his emergency parachute, which did not open either.

He just kept falling and falling...........

When he approached the earth he passed another guy on the way up.

So, he asked him :" Do you know anything about parachutes ??

He anwsered :

No, I am from Ireland, and I know nothing about Gastanks either..

jos