Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Unemployment Benefit

Posted by wkt54-196372 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by J.R.C. - 13 years ago

E.E.C regulations describing the procedure for AN UNEMPLOYED PERSON seeking work in another european country whilst in receipt of british job seekers allowance are readily available on the british Jobcentre Plus website.  Briefly, you need to request form E303 before leaving the U.K.        Benefit is payable for a maximum of three months.          You must register at your local A.N.P.E.         If you fail to find work, you must return to the U.K. and re-register as unemployed BEFORE the last day of your 3 month period in order to continue claiming Job Seekers allowance.

Best of luck.  


Sorry no image available
Posted by La Franglaise-196401 - 13 years ago

If you are claiming benefit in the UK before you move to France, you can start claiming in France too.