DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Unlock UK vodafone mobile?

Posted by hugo-190219 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

Hugo,

I've see them everywhere, but I live in Cannes and can only give you instructions on how to get to the one I pass every day, if you're interested. These shops usually say "DEBLOCAGE" in huge letters and generally sell used phones.

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by Admin-179828 - 14 years ago

...only don't do so on the Forum. The area of déblockage is sufficiently gray, legally, that this is not really an appropriate platform for the posting of its practitioners' details.-----
Forums Administrator
forums@angloinfo.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by hugo-190219 - 14 years ago

Thanks, could you tell me if you know anyone in Antibe or Nice?

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

There are phone unlocking shops here, as well.

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by hugo-190219 - 14 years ago

Actually I´m living in France and I´ve been using this mobile for 8 months. Dou you know that Vodafone would provide the code to unlock it. Which number I must call to?

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

If it is out of contract,  Vodafone will unlock it for you for a nominal fee.  Best option.

If not, then you can get the unlock codes and buy the cable you need from various internet sites, with the risk that if you do not know exactly what you are doing, you could damage the internal software of the phone and render it useless.

In UK and Spain there are shops that will unlock phones, in Spain they charge about EUR 25.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 14 years ago

Provided it's your phone and you've already spend a minimum on your account in the UK (don't know how much that is) you can just ask them and they'll give you an unlock code.

Mike