DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Unlocking a legit mobile phone: Antibes

Posted by snowqueen-191196 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by GreenLeaf-314739 - 6 years ago

I thought the EU made them change it to 3 months as this is what SFR told me, but they also told me that the person who gave me the phone still owes them money so would not unlock it until it is "paid in full". Was a Nokia, so €3,95 and a website solved that. Should have just done that in the first place, save time and money. Samsungs are almost impossible though, normally have to contact Samsung and wait 2-3 weeks for the code in the mail.

Sorry no image available
Posted by snowqueen-191196 - 6 years ago

Thanks very much for all the advice. Discovered about the 6-month clause, which worked for us so now have one very happy daughter.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChB-184121 - 6 years ago

There are loads of places that will do it for a small fee; or you can search the internet for instructions on how to do it yourself - some mobiles are easy, others are almost impossible.

Your friend who gave it to you for free can apply to have it unlocked for free from their phone supplier, the law says they can only keep it locked for the first 6 months of the contract, so after that time, any application will have it unlocked in no time, for free.

Sorry no image available
Posted by snowqueen-191196 - 6 years ago

Great, thanks for that.

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 6 years ago

theres a place on one of the roads that goes from "albert 1 re" to "24 aout" ( road where the cinema is)
I think it's the one where Barclays is on the corner (thats all a bit vague isnt it, but the road names are wierd round there!)