DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

URSSAF

Posted by Baby Boy - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

what is URSSAF exactly?

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

They have sent me a letter saying that I owe them money, I don’t know who gave’em that bad idea don’t they know how broke I’m ........

I’m fixing messengers

They mentioned something about my business and N° de siret which I never had, one all I did that I thought about opening a business but they have told @ the chamber de commerce that my carte de sejour doesn’t give me the right to so I drop that awful idea out of my mind o think that I was so high when I thought about opening a business in that country La France

___________ For Life

Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Baby Boy - 14 years ago

I’m just gonna pay it <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I’m not really in the mode for arguing or fighting gotta do more imp, stuff

Thanks for all of you that tried to help

___________ For Life

Sorry no image available

No it’s not the computers (messengers)stuff I think they got me throw that company <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

That was handling the paper work for me since they already applied for me and then they

Told me that I can’t open my own company up in here and listen to that

They have sent me a bill for the their services

___________ For Life

Sorry no image available

no not that

___________ For Life

Sorry no image available
Posted by Black Cat-192495 - 14 years ago

I hadn't noticed that. mn is right. URSSAF (and fisc) need money at the moment (big deficits) so more and more they are looking out for people to pay.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mn-186763 - 14 years ago

Baby Boy,

maybe it has to do with something you mentioned in another of your messages "I have that client, who calls me twice a week"

Looks like you are in business ... and they want to have their share ... no matter whether you make a profit or not. Make sure you are declared before you do any business here.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Black Cat is right.  Don't ignore it, or they'll follow up with 'recommandee' letters and they could even end up zapping money out of your bank account.

The best is to write back a rambling letter, in bad French,  full of irrelevancies,  and unless they have a good case to continue, they will usually give up as it will be to complicated for them to carry on and it would mean performing the dreaded 'W' word - not a popular activity amongst public servants in this country or indeed anywhere.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Black Cat-192495 - 14 years ago

Union de Recouvrement des Cotisations de la Sécurité Sociale et des Allocations Familiales. (www.urssaf.fr) It's who you pay your Social Security contributions to if you are doing business as self-employed in France.A reasonable guess about the letter would be:Either, you started the formalities for setting yourself up in business and didn't cancel it all when you stopped the project. So they have an open dossier on you which they think gives them a right to some payment.orThey have another reason for thinking that you are perhaps doing business on French territory and therefore owe them "cotisations".It's never a good idea to ignore an official letter in France. If you do, the situation usually gets worse and more letters come until some action is taken. The best option is probably to contact URSSAF and tell them that you abandoned your project because you discovered you didn't have the right CdS (I'm presuming that you're not EU) and that they are mistaken. Follow up in writing by registered letter in French referring to their reference number on the letter you received. You'll probably find they'll just cancel the dossier and that will be that.

Sorry no image available
Posted by PmsAvenger - 14 years ago