DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Vallauris' reputation

Posted by irie - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by irie - 5 years ago

Thanks to everyone for their input ... I guess I should go see for myself ... however judging by the comments I read here and the negative response from nearly everyone I talked to about it I think I just won't bother. There are so many great places around so I'll just go and pick another one! :)

Cheers

Sorry no image available
Posted by una oliver - 5 years ago

I have spent a lot of holidays in Vallauris and still do, never had a problem!  It is a quiet town and during summer months it is better there than on the coast due to crowds, traffic, etc.  I agree with other contributers it is in a good position for travelling into the countryside and doing the coast line. Go to visit and decide yourself and not make decision on hearsay.

Sorry no image available
Posted by vaniouska - 5 years ago

I live in Vallauris since I moved to France 13 years ago. It is not paradise, but it is not so terrible as many people say. Up to now, and keeping my finger crossed, I never had any problem. i live walking distance from the old town I enjoy the daily little market on the square 'lhomme au mouton". It is a small village, very good located and not so expecise as other places closer to the coast.

I think the best thing is to see yourself , the judgment is based always on our personal experience and needs.

Sorry no image available
Posted by magsk-214612 - 5 years ago

I lived on the outskirts in an apt building in Vallauris for several years and left over a year ago. I met some wonderful French friends in Vallauris, all of whom have left or are trying to sell and move. The town has so much potential (location, history) but there are a lot of problems in the town: a mairie not interested in helping small businesses survive/thrive; a large population of young men with no jobs and no job prospects who don't have much to do all day; and a very divided community.  When we were there it could be difficult to find a restaurant open at night during the week.

Things I liked about it: the location was good and there were a lot of artists in town so it was easy to be involved in the arts.

I'm fairly well-travelled and have seen some rough places in my life, but I just got tired of being cat called and hassled in the street, and I was tired of the senseless hostilities and fighting I regularly saw between guys with nothing better to do. I also didn't like living that close to so many people, but that's just me. Once the locals see you live there and get to know you a bit, they tend to be pretty cool with you, but it takes a long time. The funny thing is that everyone says there's a lot of crime there, but I think some criminals live there but tend to do the crime in other communities!

Sorry no image available
Posted by M.Michel - 5 years ago

Please forget Vallauris , was a very good place but long time ago , very unsecure now .

Michel

Sorry no image available
Posted by JJ-183649 - 5 years ago

Spend some time there yourself over a few days, much better, or at least as valid, as 'hearsay'....FYI, my input would be negative