DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Ventimiglia Easter Weekend

Posted by stax - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stax - 15 years ago

As a matter of interest is driving a nightmare - how long would it take from Cannes ? and is it easy to park when you are there ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Andrew.Wilk - 15 years ago

If its anything like the usual Friday morning affair, the covered market tends to pack up early-mid afternoon, the run of stalls down to the seafront which is what you really go for seem to be at their best mid-morning. The early morning trains Ive seen in mid-summer are packed with pensioners with their Carte Senior reduced prices, and there is a big hole in the return train timetable around 2.00 -3.00 oclock, where there isn't a train from the station back towards Nice for really ages in the aftrenoon, so its worth checking the SNCF website timetables for going too and fro.

Expect rock-chick fashions at dizzyingly low prices, Parmesan to die for, cheapst spirits for miles, handbags and shoes, vegetables, fake Rolexes galore, and great fun

There is supposedly a tourist information service there, but they seem to like keeping their existence secret. If anyone else has advice I am delighted. We are over for Easter and the Friday trip is on my to do list.

Andrew

Sorry no image available
Posted by stax - 15 years ago

Thanks - I shall be doing a sardine impression.How long does the market go on for ? What is the best time to go ? 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mark Dezzani - 15 years ago

Hi Stax. Although I haven't confirmed with anyone, the Ventimiglia market invariably takes place on Good Friday. It is amongst one of the busiest market days of the year. If you come on that day, I recommend you do your best sardine impersonation and take a train.