DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Ventimiglia Market....

Posted by ejf-189755 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Does anyone know the opening times for the market in Ventimiglia??  Is it on this Friday?

Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lynnettejane - 14 years ago

If you've got a day to spare and fancy a drive why not take a trip to Isle sur la Sorgue, near to Avignon, very well known for antiques, check info on www. Provence Web  about the town. Its a lovely little place, Sunday market is stunning but you have to be there early, can't remember which day is the bric a brac day though, the info might be on the website. Good Vietnamese restaurant there, Rose D'Asie, good value, the trois delices starter is to die for, all round good day out, and lovely to se a little of Provence, regards Lynnette

Sorry no image available
Posted by nodel-185297 - 14 years ago

In Nice near the port (100m) there are lots of "antiquaires" there. Don't know if the prices are good, you can still try to bargain.

Sorry no image available
Posted by theresponsibleadult-188195 - 14 years ago

Sounds very interesting.  Thanks.  Any other good variety markets like that in this area? 

I would also like to find a decent place to find antiques (but not really, antiques), I mean good, old, solid wood furniture, maybe 80 years or more old.  Specifically, tables, chairs, and wardrobes.  By decent, I mean, not a rip-off.

Off the leash - and livin' on the French Riviera

Sorry no image available
Posted by ejf-189755 - 14 years ago

clothes, shoes, souvenirs and great rip-off designer handbags - so i''ve heard.... :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by theresponsibleadult-188195 - 14 years ago

What kind of market is this?Off the leash - and livin' on the French Riviera

Sorry no image available
Posted by ejf-189755 - 14 years ago

Thank you!

Sorry no image available
Posted by JJ-183649 - 14 years ago

Friday's from early (try to get there before 09:00 if you're driving, the traffic is atrocious) until late afternoon (they don't close for lunch)