DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Ventimiglia market this Friday...

Posted by Lisa_C - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Bearing in mind it is Easter weekend, does anyone know if Ventimiglia market will be open this Friday 9th April? Also, is the train running from Nice ALL the way to Italy ie has the tunnel problem been sorted?

Many thanks for any help.

I've not been before so any tips gratefully received - I'll have the husband and 8-year-old daughter in tow. Is there anywhere good for lunch or is it best to take a picnic (or buy food at the market) and eat on the beach, assuming the weather is ok.

Thanks again, Lisa

Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lisa_C - 14 years ago

We trudged about in the pouring rain, bought nothing, came home early and I've only just thawed and dried out. I can see that it would have more appeal on a dry sunny day but I did think it was expensive - a handbag I quite fancied was 165 euros! Not that I could get too near the stock - I kept getting yelled at for dripping my brolly over the stalls.

Might go again, at least the rain kept the crowds away. We only persevered today because we had bought the train tickets in advance. Never mind. Hope the weather bucks up before we go home on Monday. Out for a meal tonight in La Tire Bouchon in Old Nice. Has anyone been and is it any good?

Thanks for the advice about the market.

Lisa

Sorry no image available
Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - 14 years ago

The market is open however it will be chaotically busy. Bear in my mind that because of the number of tourists around the cda, the market vendors will be getting rid of old stock and prices will be higher than usual.

M

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lisa_C - 14 years ago

Thanks for the tips - We've just bought train tickets from Riquier station in Nice and I think we'll take a packed lunch with us tomorrow! Good tip about the loos too - thanks.

best wishes, Lisa

Sorry no image available
Posted by Geoff77 - 14 years ago

Re Ventimiglia Market, My wife and I have been there many times and have found the restaurants very poor,near the market area. I had a pizza there it tasted awful! Takeaway market food not cheap  and average quality, may be best to take a packed lunch with you and eat in the park, next to the market. Toilets, use station facilities (free). Cafes ok for coffees/cold drinks etc. The market is often very crowded/busy- watch your purse/wallet.  Don't forget to "click" your rail ticket at Ventimiglia station coming back.