DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Very cheap international phonecalls

Posted by jaaaine - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi

For really cheap international phonecalls there is a number you can phone, prices are at about 1.8 euro cents (0.018 €) off peak, and it gets added on to  your home phone bill. It's brilliant.  For most countries it is 08.11.36.10.30 But check out the website http://www.telerabais.com/tarifs.php to check up number & tarifs for each particular country. It's fantastic, I can speak to SA for an hour and it costs about 1 €

Happy chatting

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Linda Bacon - 14 years ago

Thanks Jane  -  though as it's more expensive for me, will continue to use my Alpha account.

Linda

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaaaine - 14 years ago

........or HER lunchtime....... ;)

Sorry no image available

........or HER lunchtime....... ;)

Sorry no image available

Hi Malena & Pofeze...Well, I'm not sure what the deal is if you use tele2 or onetel with these TeleRabais numbers, may be very expensive...you'll have to check with them. If you change over to TR, you will use their special rates whenever you choose, and otherwize FT rates..... Sorry can't be much help....you'll have to ask the Legend in his Lunchtime...;)

jane

Sorry no image available
Posted by malena-191350 - 14 years ago

Sorry, Jaaine.  Yes, I am. 

Thanks again :) 

Sorry no image available

Linda...yes, you can call from a phone box using a normal phonecard(according to the website) but is is not as cheap (coonection cost is more)

Malena....are you talking about telerabais still?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Linda Bacon - 14 years ago

A question: when I am in Nice, can I call the UK from a 'phone box, using the designated 0811361030 number?  

(At the moment I use my Alpha Telecom account: dialling an 0800 number from a 'phone box, it accesses my account.  The cost of this is 16pence per minute, but if the company you mentioned will be cheaper, and it's possible from a pay-phone, then great!) 

Thanks.

Sorry no image available
Posted by malena-191350 - 14 years ago

So how do I know if I have a preselection?  I have Tele2.  Do they automatically give me a preselection or do I have to specifically tell them??

Thanks   (~.~)

Sorry no image available
Posted by draz_dee - 14 years ago

It's very cheap from mobile phone compared to telerabais but a bit more from a house phone

Sorry no image available
Posted by draz_dee - 14 years ago

It's very cheap from mobile phone compared to telerabais but a bit more from a house phone