DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

visit to a farm...

Posted by modernpioneer - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by leptitprince - 14 years ago

Woo was for ...saying Waou!  LOL!

anyway, I'm enthusiastic.

;o)

Patricia.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Seeker-184579 - 14 years ago

Well leptitprince, I understood all of that except for the 'Wooo' bit..

:-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by leptitprince - 14 years ago

Hi,

I'm Patricia, I try to do my best to be understood..I'm not english.

My son is 22 months today and Last week we wanted to drive him to the "petite ferme" just nearby Marineland Antibes. Unfortunately, it was closed. This place will open the 28 fo February if I remember well.

We went there last year and this is a really great place for children. Not only to see lots of animals but also to play, to climb on structures, play in the ball pool(a kind of swimming-pool without water but just plenty of small coloured balls in,you see?). You can also see the butterflies in the green-house! big plants, birds flying around us with the butterflies...Wooo!

Let's go?

Patricia:o)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Collie21 - 14 years ago

I have a friend on a working farm about 2hrs drive up into the mountains. Not telling you where it is yet but they make there own very good cheese and sell it to you. I'll check out if they take visitors.Colliehey does that wall have a crack in it?

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

As someone asked what I meant about the 'chicken scare',  here is a link to the news item.  It is nothing to panic about but the EU has banned imports of chicken from Thailand becuase of this outbreak.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3428843.stm

Sorry no image available
Posted by modernpioneer - 14 years ago

Thank you..
MikeP, yes I would be interseted in what you have found out after your investigation...

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

There's one on the road between Valbonne and Plascassier (D3?) - more of a working farm where they sell the produce.  I haven't been there but I pass by often enough and can get details if you're interested.  With all the current 'chicken scare' going on we've been thinking of finding a 100% local source for chcken so I was thinking of having a look anyway.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JJ-183649 - 14 years ago

Simplest: La Petite Ferme in Biot, next to Marineland. I'm sure there are more authentic elsewhere, but hey, at 20 months I guess she'd be pressed to see the difference.......