DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

voluntary work

Posted by scones62-189415 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

a friend & i have a bit of spare time-

any ideas for voluntary work in Nice?

thanks

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Marieke-180179 - 14 years ago

HiIf you are still looking for something fun to do, pls have a look at the 'jobs offered' pages - I posted a message there in which I am looking for assistance during 2 concerts (19/20th of November)CheersQue viva la vida!

Sorry no image available
Posted by scones62-189415 - 14 years ago

thanks for your help.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Marieke-180179 - 14 years ago

Hi. I have been looking recently for some voluntary work myself. Best is to approach organisations/ associations who do what you'd like to do and just ask if they need help (specifying how you could add value).Then there is the Telethon, that needs volunteers to organise 'manifestations' for the weekend of 5-6 december (visit their website - think it is telethon.fr - contact is Marie-Helene Moynot on benevole@telethon.fr).If you're adventurous, visit www.volontariat.org (projects abroad - Jeunesse et Construction).I am working myself in a gym where I am assisting professional 'animatrices' entertaining children from 2-5 years old - probably via the 'mairie' you could find something similar.I am also assisting a cultural association organising concerts and reformulating their marketing strategy - it all depends on your capabilities and interests..Some other ideas:- Les blouses roses - entertaining children in hospitals 04929117859- Old people's homes- Schools- Nature reservesHope that helps. Who would NOT like to get some help from a volunteer??!!cheers, MariekeQue viva la vida!